Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 3 June 29 2009





Depart Hope 6:15am
Arrive Merritt 6:07 pm

Sunny

Daily Km: 121.73
Time: 8:38:24
Odo: 345.4
Max Speed: 56.1km/hr
Avg speed: 14.1 km/hr

What goes up must come down

After the first 50km I was doubting I would maKe 60km today, but then, downhill and only minor climbs for the next 40km. I made several stops on the way up and made sure I drank lots, I even got in a game of Sudoku. There was a consession trailer set up at one of the rest stops, I had ham and eggs in a bun and choclate milk, $5.00, best deal going, good too.
At 90km I got off the noisy Coq and headed along Coldcreek Road for 30+km until I arrived in Merritt were I got a $55.00 room, tres sheik.
The Cold Creek Road was a beautiful quiet ride through farmland and ranches, I could smell the Pines rather than deisel fumes, a nice end to a long day.
A great meal at the Coldwater creek hotel, pasta in marinara with spinach, feta and chicken, even took a doggy bag for my ride tomorrow.