Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 7 July 03 2009


Salmon Arm to Canyon Hot Springs

Depart time: 5:45am
Arrival Time: 4:15 pm
Daily distance:139.41
Time:7:38.47
Odo:714.7
Max speed: 43.8:
Avg speed: 18.2

Pullimg into Salmon Arm the other day my nephew Greg and his wife Ruth pulled up and stopped me tp say Hi, they were doing a winery tour in the Okanogan. Today my good neighbours Judy and Vic pulled me over halfway betweeen Salmon Arm and Revelstoke, they said they were returning from Alberta after picking up a trailer for their son, but the real reason was that Vic was hunting me down to make me take back my derogatory comments regarding Englishmen that I had made the previous day.
I was in Revelstoke by noon which was my original destination but felt good so I. decided to continue on.
Todays ride was great, long but very managable grades, felt strong after resting my legs yesterday.
The campsite here is but the most expensive so far at $30.00 a night.
Tomorrow I plan to get to Golden which will take me over Rogers Pass, should be down hill all the way to St. John's from there.