Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 50 Aug 15 2009



Grant Falls NB to Woodstock NB

Depart: 7:30 am
Arrive: 5:00 pm

Daily Distance: 130.69 km
Time: 7:42:38
Odo: 5897.6 km
Max. 46.2 km/hr
Avg. Speed: 16.9 km/hr

Weather: Sunny/Hot Wind: S 10

Roads Hwy 130 Sud, hilly
Road Cond. (A)

The ride today was on an old secrion of the TC highway, virtually abandoned and in excellent condition. After riding on generally flat conditions for the past week I really was enjoying the hills, they break up the monotiny. The wind was quite fickle today and would change direction in an instant which came in handy at times.
I'm enjoying the people here, Burt whom I met at the campsite lent me his laptop for some google mapping. When I asked for directions at the gas station I had two people offer to drive me where I needed to go and one offered me to follow them.
I got to get a few things at Sobeys tonight which was very nice, when I got back I called home, got back on my bike only discover a rear flat, second one of the trip. When I went to change the tube I discoverred my new tire that I bought in Saskatoon is paper thin and worn right down to the threads. The rest of the evening was spent swapping the half worn front tire to the back and the worn tire. (Just over 4100km)  to the front, by the light of my helmet light. Looks like 2 new tires when I get to Moncton.