Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 16 July 12 2009


Kindersley Sask to Rosetown Sask

Depart: 9:00am
Arrive: 6:00am (did laundry in there too)

Daily distance: 92.5km
Time: 6:15.24
Odo: 1655.4. Km
Max. 36.5km/hr
Avg. Speed: 14.8 km/hr

Slow start, slow going. Had south easterlies making the whole day seem like a hill climb, it was a  difficult day.
Before leaving I had coffee with Dick Stubbs who has done this ride before. One of the thing he said was "the praries will be some of the best days and some of the most difficult" I see what he means.
After arriving in town I stopped at the info centre and started talking to a guy and told him I was going to the bike shop in Saskatoon and then asked him where the laundry mat was. As I was doing my laundy the same guy pulls into the laundry mat riding his sons old mountain bike and says " If any parts on this thing could help you just let me know and we'll strip them off while you wait here" Unfortunately there was nothing I could use but I was impressed with the gesture.
Rosetown is very friendly and I,m staying in their regional campsite tonight $6.00, free showers. The average cost for my last 3 nights stay is $2.00/night, maybe the praries aren,t so bad after all.