Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 20 July 16 2009


Wynyard to Yorkton

Depart: 8:45am
Arrive: 5:45pm

Daily Distance: 146.61 km
Time: 6:42.56
Odo: 2120.5 km
Max speed: 35.3 km/hr
Avg. Speed: 21.8 km/hr

Had a light tail breeze most of the day which helped keep the speed consistant throughout the day. The road/shouler conditions varied but I still think Hwy 16 beats the noise of Hwy 1.
I stopped in a town called Foam Lake for lunch today, it was layed out the same as Wynyard with a Shop Easy right acrossfron the Co-op and plus  an assortment of old buildings.  Both of these towns  had been forgotten when we left the 50's.
A packed bike tends to gather about 6 old men no matter where you stop in this province, and everyone of them offering  a helpful suggestion or two, or ten. Most point out that I don't have a light or rear fender and that my tires should have better tread. I just smile and nod.
The weather was clear and sunny  and the burn on the South facing side of my right leg is turning brown.
Todays "Good Saskatchewinian Award" goes to the Lady that runs the Yorkton Regional Campsite. She did my laundry for me while I went for dinner.
I can't help but like this province.