Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 27 July 23 2009



Kenora to Dryden

Depart: 6:30 am
Arrive: 4:30 pm

Daily Distance: 139.77 km
Time: 7:28.19
Odo: 2963.1 km
Max speed: 47.7km/hr
Avg Speed. 18.7km/hr

Weather: Cloud in the am Rain in the pm

Road Conditions: Good wide shoulder for95% of the distance, lots of climbing.

Now that I'm a little deeper into Ontario I'm hoping for fewer 'dead spots' with the Blackberry and should be able to keep my updates daily again.
I knew today was going to be a climb day so I installed the clipless pedals and shoecleats to lock my feet into the pedals which helps me climb better.
Most of the day I kinda took my time stopping to look at all the lakes along the way until the raun started, its amazing how my pace picks up with a few drops of rain.
I ran into another father and son team today heading East to West. They told me I hit a plateau at Dryden an start heading downwards until I hit Thunderbay. These guys scared me when they told me it took them 7 weeks to get as far as they had, turned out they only do 100 km a day and have taken 10 rest days. I think I'm still on track for completion for the last week of Aug, time will tell.
Tomorrows destination: Ignace or English River it'll depend on the weather and hills.