Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 28 July 24 2009



Dryden Ont to Ignace Ont

Depart: 8:00 am
Arrive: 1:45 pm

Daily distance: 108.46km
Time: 5:03.34O
Odo: 3071.6 km
Max: 48.3 km/hr
Avg speed: 21.4 km/hr

Weather: Cloudy/Rain. Wind: West
Roads: Mixed wide and narrows shoulers, excellent cond. Some hills but mainly easy grades.
Been gone 4 week today.
Had a good breeze on my back most of my ride today. I stopped at Ignace rather than carrying on to English River to avoid getting caught in a rain storm that caught up with me just as I arrived here. The towns are all around 100km apart which is less than I like to do in a day but I hate to commit to a 200 km day with the weather the way it is.
I'm staying at the White Otter Inn which is  run by Joanne and Albert Morris, a teacher and her retired train engineer husband. I spent most of the afternoon sending my photos home and updating my blog photos with the use of the motel computer that the couple offered me to use. Joanne also offered to do my laundry and I happily accepted.
I hit the 3000km mark today which signalled that the halfway point is near.
Hopefully the weather improves and I can start doing some more serious milage again.