Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 30 July 26 2009



Upsala Ont to Thunderbay

Depart: 7:00 am
Arrive: 4:00 pm

Daily Distance: 133.91 km
Time: 6:33.32
Odo: 3317.5 km
Max: 51.0 km/hr
Avg speed: 20.4 km/hr

Weather: Cloudy and light showers
Roads:  'C' narrow cracked shoulders most of the way

Officially crossed the time zone line today putting me 3 hrs ahead of PDT. Arriving in Thunderbay signalled the halfway point and am happy with progress so far.
I met a guy today who's story  I happened to catch on the weathernetwork last night, he's riding the country from West to East and back again to raise money for cancer research. I believe his website is called 'thereandback' his name is Trevor. Trevor has attempted to cross the country before, on foot, he pulled 500 lbs of his belongings in a cart, I don't believe he completed this journey.
He, like myself, found the Praries to be a breeze, and ussually against us. He tells me the eastern half is tougher than the west.
One of my biggest frustrations is getting accurate information regarding accomodations or groceries from either locals or tourist information booths. Bad Info can either send you too far or make you stay when you could have moved on. Although I like the scenery of Northern Ontario, I look forward to being back in civilization where I can buy real food.
Tomorrow I would like to get about 40 km east of Nipigon Ont.