Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 34 July 30 2009


40 km W of White River to Wawa Ont.

Depart: 7:30 am
Arrive: 5:30pm

Daily distance: 133.42 km/hr
Time: 7:53.14
Odo: 3813.0 km
Max: 46.2 km/hr
Avg. 16.9 km/hr

Weather: Overcast/showers, Wind S (headwinds)

Roads: C+

$10.20 today, 2 nickels a dime and a ten. Dollar bill, that's a good day. The terrain continues to be hilly and I'm starting to consider a rest day in the near future as soon as I'm out of Red Green country, just 2 more days to Sault Ste. Marie.
I have very fortunate with the weather being overcast and showers, I can't imagine doing these hills in the type of heat that's being experienced in the West, just remeber we had snow that stayed around for two months.
Tomorrow I head for Montreal River where I will camp prior to tackling the climb this side of the Sault.