Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 37 Aug 02 2009



Heydon Ont. To Blind Bay Ont.

Depart: 9:00am
Arrive: 6:15 pm

Daily distance: 161.95 km
Time: 7:14:50
Odo: 4198.6 km
Max. 45,6 km/hr
Avg speed. 22.3 km/hr

Wwather: Cloudy with sunny periods 20 degrees. Wind: SW 10-15km/hr

Roads: Mainly Flat, a few small hills.
Shoulders: "C" narrow rough shoulders

When I left Heyden this morning my plan was to just do 60 km to make up the 2nd half of my partial rest days. Shortly after I got going the sky lightened up, the road was flat and the wind was pointing the bullrushes east, I knew I had to take advantage os this weather.
It seems that a lousy day of cycling is always followed by a good one, I felt I was being rewarded for the  previous dfficult day.
I hit Blind River which is the home of Wayne and James Orten whom I had met in Kamloops. I called their home and spoke to Waynes daughter who said they were in Marathon tonight and expected home in the next 4-5 days, they must be close to Phillip.
I met a young couple staying at the same motel who were from Errington near Parksville, they had purchased a home who's history of flooding annually was never disclosed to them. To make a long story short, they  ended up filing for bankruptcy and were moving back to Ottawa to live with her parents.
$1.40 in change today and probably one of the nicest riding days so far, weather permitting I will be heading for Sudbury tomorrow.